Recipe from Mary Graham of Elgin, S.C.
- 1 small whole chicken
- 1 onion
- Salt and pepper
- 3-4 cans Butter-Me-Not biscuits. (No substituitions.)
- Boil chicken in enough water to cover until meat is falling off the bone.
- Remove chicken and place on plate to cool.
- You may remove some of the stock; about 1 to 2 cups may add later if needed.
- Take 3 - 4 cans of biscuits. Remove biscuits from can and flatten each biscuit. Place flatted biscuits on plate.
- Add 1 can of cream of chicken soup to boiling stock. Ppinch off small pieces of biscuit and drop into stock.
- After every biscuit, push the dumpling down until broth covers. (Work quickly until all bisquits are gone. Be gentle, push the dumplings down but do not stir.
- Cover and cook about 20 min. on med-low heat. If too thick add more broth.