NIOSH Building 'L' was evacuated Friday afternoon after a gas leak near the building.
The Star City Volunteer Fire Department Lieutenant Ryan Gillespie said workers were evacuated to a near by building as a precaution. The Building 'L' ventilation system was in the direction of the gas leak.
Willowdale Road was also closed for around two hours while the Star City VFD called Dominion Gas to put a clamp seal on the leak. Dominion Gas said it will need to replace the pipe.
No one was injured in the incident and Willowdale Road has since reopened.