Last week we told you about ten people in Marion County who went to the hospital for carbon monoxide poisoning.
Marion County 911 reported there have been more than 30 such cases in the county since January.
Until now, the 911 Center and the Fairmont Fire Department were the only agencies with C-O detectors.
After recent incidents, Marion County Commission is giving each county fire department its own detector.
Commissioner Butch Tennant explained, "Maybe we can eliminate some deaths or people getting sick. Somebody thinks CO is around, they can call and we can have somebody there real quick. Especially with a fire department in every location around the county."
Commissioner Tennant said each C-O detector costs $600 and is state of the art.