Several area fire departments responded to the scene of a trailer fire on Riverdale Road in West Milford.
Harrison County 911 said the fire started just after 4:30 p.m. Wednesday.
According to West Milford Chief John Elko, a man was using his stove to cook food. Grease caught on fire and the man was unable to contain it. The man, who suffers from cerebral palsy, inhaled some smoke and was taken to the United Hospital Center by the Harrison County Emergency Squad.
The trailer was declared a total loss.
Fire departments from West Milford, Lost Creek, Mount Clare, and Lumberport are at the scene. Harrison County EMS also responded.