Firemen Save Christmas Presents in Belington House Fire
Multiple area fire departments responded to the scene of a working fire on Judson Street in Belington just before 4 p.m. Tuesday.
Belington Fire Department Chief Phil Hart said the fire is believed to have started accidentally after something was left near a wood burning stove in the house. Firefighters were able to get the fire under control in less than 30 minutes.
Chief Hart said nobody was home at the time and that firefighters were able to save the family's Christmas presents from an upstairs room.
No injuries were reported.
904 West Pike Street
Clarksburg, WV 26301
Main (304) 623-3311
Fax (304) 624-6152(Clarksburg)
Fax (304) 225-2522(Morgantown)