Fire destroyed a home in Monongalia County Wednesday night. The home was on Saylor Road in Westover.
River Road Volunteer Fire Department Assistant Chief Michael Guthrie said it happened in Westover and that a wood burner caused the fire. The fire happened at approximately 10:30 p.m. and was cleared at about 1:30 a.m., according to MECCA 911.
He also said the home is a complete loss, but that the three people inside made it out safely.
River Road, Westover, Granville and Star City fire departments all responded.