A fire in Harrisville on Monday caused even more problems for a family who has been through a lot.
"My sister-in-law, Sheila, called and said 'Ashley where are you?' And I said, 'We're about 20 minutes out of Ellenboro, what's wrong?' and she said the house was on fire," said Ashley Pridemore, who lost her home in a fire.
For Ashley and Bobby Pridemore, the fire that destroyed their home on Monday is just another challenge they have to face. Their son, Christian, has been in and out of the hospital since birth.
"He was born with a congenital heart defect. He just turned two years old September 20. He's been through five open heart surgeries, he's had a surgery in his stomach to put a feeding tube in which burst his intestine, and a pacemaker placement so eight surgeries in the past two years," Pridemore said.
The Pridemores were on their way home from Christian's appointment at Ruby Memorial Hospital when they got the call that the house was a total loss.
"Things that were probably a foot up on the wall and down we were able to save. But clothes, our son's toys, everything he just got for his birthday, appliances, our brand new refrigerator, a washer and dryer," said Pridemore.
The list goes on and on. Now the Ronald McDonald House in Morgantown is trying to help the Pridemores.
"He has started up a bank account with Clear Mountain Bank where people can donate. He has also started collecting things like clothes and toys. They've also gotten with Trinity Homes and they are trying to get us a new home," said Pridemore.
The Pridemores said they appreciate everything the Ronald McDonald House has done for them.
The Pridemores are in need of basic necessities, and a Superman Halloween costume for Christian.
Anything can be dropped off at the Ronald McDonald House in Morgantown.
Click here for more information on how you can help.