Fire damaged a home in Monongalia County Sunday evening. It happened just before 7 p.m.
Crews from multiple area fire departments responded to the fire on Hagans Road.
River Road Fire Chief Dave Zinn said the fire started with an electric stove in the kitchen before spreading up to the roof.
The homeowners were outside when they noticed the fire, according to officials.
The home is not a total loss but Zinn said smoke and water damage was extensive and the home was uninsured.
The Red Cross has been called to assist the family.