Jessica Williams has died at the West Penn Burn Center as a result of injuries she received in a Philippi Pike house fire, according to Clarksburg Fire Chief Rick Scott.
Investigators have identified the people rescued from a burning home on Philippi Pike early Monday morning.
Fire Chief Rick Scott said that Jessica Williams was transported to the West Penn Burn Center. As of Thursday, Williams is listed in critical condition. The other people rescued from the home include Paul Whitehair, Sonya Whitehair, Pam Kennedy, and Josh Eagle.
The cause of the fire has been ruled as accidental, said Scott.
Firefighters rescued several people from a burning home in Harrison County early Monday morning.
The fire started in a home on Philippi Pike after 2 a.m. Monday. Firefighters from Anmoore, Nutter Fort, and Clarksburg were on the scene.
Firefighters said when they arrived three people were on the porch roof and one more was still trapped inside. The person trapped inside was transported to United Hospital Center in Bridgeport and was later flown to the West Penn Burn Center.
Five people were living in the home and told firefighters than the fire started from food that was cooking on the stove.