Morgantown Fire Department investigators have determined that an electrical malfunction caused a fire at a duplex rental building on Listravia Avenue Wednesday.
The fire was reported to 911 just before 3:30 p.m. Wednesday.
Investigators believe that electrical wiring inside a second-story bedroom wall caused the fire, according to the Morgantown Police Department.
No one was home at the time of the fire.
Officials said the estimated property damage is $150,000. An adjacent home also sustained $5,000 in damages.
The Morgantown Fire Marshal is investigating a fire that happened just after 3:30 p.m. Wednesday at a house on Listravia Avenue.
No one was home at the time of fire, said Morgantown Fire Chief Mark Caravasos. The fire started on the second floor of the house and continued into the attic. It took firefighters about twenty minutes to get the fire under control.
The cause of the fire is undetermined at this time.