Fire broke out in a Clarksburg on a North 25th Street home early Thursday morning.
Harrison County 911 officials reported the fire shortly after 2 a.m., and Clarksburg firefighters had it under control within an hour.
The fire department said an electrical wire feeding into a breaker box is to blame.
Neighbors said three people live in the home, but firefighters said no one was in the home when the fire started and no one was injured.
Firefighters were not able to find the two dogs they believe lived in the house but the dogs have since been accounted for. Two pet snakes did not survive, however, according to officials.
The fire department said it believes the home is a total loss.