Fire destroyed a mobile home in Monongalia County Thursday evening.
It happened at about 8 p.m. in Hertzman Village, off Van Voorhis Road.
The Star City Volunteer Fire Department said it started in the bedroom of an 11-year-old, who was smoking a cigarette.
One firefighter suffered minor injuries and was treated at the scene.
The mobile home is a loss of about $35,000. The fire also destroyed a vehicle and damaged a neighbor's home.
Fire departments from Granville, Westover, Cassville, Cheat Lake, and Clinton District also responded to the fire.
904 West Pike Street
Clarksburg, WV 26301
Main (304) 623-3311
Fax (304) 624-6152(Clarksburg)
Fax (304) 225-2522(Morgantown)