No one was injured Tuesday morning when fire destroyed a home in Monongalia County.
The fire started this around 4 a.m. at a house on Fort Martin Road in Maidsville.
The Granville Volunteer Fire Department said nearly half of the house was in flames when it arrived.
It said the family of four and a dog got out safely. The fire appears to have started behind the fireplace.
Star City and River Road Volunteer Fire Departments also responded.
904 West Pike Street
Clarksburg, WV 26301
Main (304) 623-3311
Fax (304) 624-6152(Clarksburg)
Fax (304) 225-2522(Morgantown)