A fire in Barbour County that started a week ago last Friday finally is out.
It started with the fire that destroyed Sisolak's Truck Repair Shop on Talbott Road just off Corridor H.
That fire spread to a liquid propane truck in the shop.
Belington firefighters had to let the fire burn itself out which finally happened at about noon Sunday.
A Southern States propane truck that first ignited on March 8 in the Talbott community in Barbour County continues to burn, according to a news release. The Belington Fire Department and Belington EMS have been on scene since the incident started, applying water to the tank to keep it cool.
According to fire officials, the situation is very dangerous and hazardous but at this time, they consider it a "controlled hazard". Fire officials fear that piping failure could occur on the back of the truck, which has been exposed to heat and flames, leading to a rapid uncontrollable discharge. This discharge could cause severe injury or death to anyone in its path, according to the news release.
Crews have secured an area around the back of the tank to keep all personnel from the back of the truck in case of a rapid discharge. According to the news release, unmanned hose lines are positioned on the left and right sides of the tank to keep it cool.
Due to the nature of this incident, fire officials have closed Talbott Road from Deerbrook Estates on the Belington side of the incident to the Talbott community building, until this incident can be resolved.
Residents are advised to use alternate routes to get to their destinations. Two homes have been evacuated, but no other evacuations are necessary at this time.
Fire started in a service garage in Belington around 7:45 a.m. Friday.
According to Barbour County 911 officials, Belington fire fighters found the John Sisolak Garage on Talbott Road fully engulfed in flames when they arrived.
A Southern States truck carrying between 3,500 to 4,000 gallons of propane ignited, according to officials.
The fire was close to acetylene tanks, which is a gas used in welding that is highly flammable.
Emergency crews closed Talbott Road while firefighters work to get the fire under control.
No injuries were reported.
The Belington, Junior, Ellamore, Colton, Fellowsville, Huttonsville Mill Creek and Beverly Volunteer Fire Departments and the Elkins Fire Department were all on scene, along with Belington EMS and West Virginia State Police.