Fire departments from Barbour County responded to a house fire Monday afternoon.
Barbour County 911 said it happened around 3:40 p.m. at a home on Maple Street in Galloway, which is off Route 76.
The Philippi Fire Department said three people were home at the time of the fire, but everyone was able to get out safely.
Officials said the fire was caused by a damaged pipe in a wood burning stove and spread to the attic. They said the house is not a total loss but estimated damage to be around $20,000.
Fire departments from Belington and Flemington also responded to the fire.
904 West Pike Street
Clarksburg, WV 26301
Main (304) 623-3311
Fax (304) 624-6152(Clarksburg)
Fax (304) 225-2522(Morgantown)