A fire started in an apartment building in Morgantown's South Park neighborhood around 5:45 Monday morning.
Morgantown fire and police departments, Mon EMS, and other fire units were called to the scene on Brockway Avenue. Mostly West Virginia University students live in the building.
Fire Chief Mark Caravasos of the Morgantown Fire Department said two people were taken to Ruby Memorial Hospital. One person sustained a laceration on their foot, the second person was taken for burns to their arms and hand. A third person was also injured while escaping the fire. All were residents of the apartment building, which is registered as three apartments.
Brockway and Walnut Street, including the Walnut Street Bridge, were closed while crews fought the fire. Crews were on scene for around five hours.
Caravasos said there is $125,000 damage to the building and it has been condemned.
Morgantown Police arrested Derek Blankenship, 23, and charged him with obstruction of a public officer, disorderly conduct and public intoxication.
Investigators believe an electrical malfunction started the fire in the second floor kitchen wall, according to the Morgantown Fire Department.