House Fire in Belington Caused by Faulty Chimney - WBOY - Clarksburg, Morgantown: News, Sports, Weather

House Fire in Belington Caused by Faulty Chimney

Posted: Updated:

A fire broke out at a house on Hall Avenue in Belington of Barbour County around 11:30 Wednesday night.

Belington Fire Department Chief Phil Hart said the fire was under control in a half hour.

Chief Hart said a faulty chimney was the problem. He said one of the family members heard a cracking and popping in the attic, which is where the fire started.

Hart says the attic sustained extensive damage, while the rest of the house sustained water damage.

The Belington Fire Department, Philippi Fire Department, Junior Fire Department, Elkins Fire Department, Coalton Fire Department and two units from the Belington E-M-S responded.

No one was hurt.


Powered by Frankly