Six Marion County Fire Departments were called to a structure fire in Idamay around 9 p.m. Thursday.
Farmington Fire Chief Jim Toothman said the fire started in a bedroom at 65 Chestnut Street.
He said a female fell asleep with a lit cigarette.
The homeowner kept the fire under control with a fire extinguisher giving the fire departments time to save the residence.
Toothman said there is minor water and fire damage to the bedroom no one was injured.
904 West Pike Street
Clarksburg, WV 26301
Main (304) 623-3311
Fax (304) 624-6152(Clarksburg)
Fax (304) 225-2522(Morgantown)